A guide & application manual for design, development, investment, and operation
Co-Living sector has evolved at brisk rate during last one decade, reason for its rise is attributable to many aspects: demography, customer needs, technology and rise of middle class across different parts of the world. It is one of the prominent disruptions witnessed by the residential real estate.
Co-Living industry has a huge potential in a country like India which is home to the largest population of Generation Y cohort (25-34 years old). With more and more millennials migrating to urban cities of India for work, availability of quality housing at affordable prices continues to be a challenge.
The “3Cs” of Co-Living industry are Community driven, Convenience and Cost savings. During the pandemic, people have realized the need of a deeper community connect, higher convenience (in the form of flexibility, ease of use), and heightened affordability of living solutions in this phase of crisis. Therefore, the “3Cs” of Co-Living development are not just relevant anymore; they seem to be even more relevant during and post the COVID-19 period.
Co-Living industry is in evolving phase from all perspectives: market, product, and operations. We are all learning about its different aspects everyday with your experience and research. Therefore, we have put together this handbook to help different stakeholders: developers, property owners, investors, operators, architects, and technical consultants to provide insights and 360-degree guide during development planning, investment decision, setting up and improving operations of Co-Living development projects in India.
This book is a must read to understand Co-Living Developments in India. It covers:
- Industry analysis: Current global, national trends and prevailing market practices
- Demand Analysis: Market size, target segment, latent demand, and annual growth
- Competition analysis
- Spatial design, utility requirements & property specifications
- Building approvals required across 6 cities (Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Pune) of India; and associated costs & timelines.
- Best practices and application guidelines for applied PropTech and ESG.
- Guidelines/ Framework for Operations Manual
- Community building guidelines
- Business & Operating Models
- Development costs, Operation costs and Operating profits
- Financial analysis and Return computation for PropCo and OpCo.
- Financing Routes
- Opportunities for Property Owners, Investors and Operators
This handbook has been thoroughly researched and referenced, with relevant information been collected through interviews with architects, operators, developers, investors, owners, and statutory authorities, along with our own proprietary research.