This handbook encompasses both DTCP & CMDA building plan approval process and various statutory & regulatory obligations that governs the real estate developments in & around Chennai. To ensure conformance with all statutes, different tiers of Government (Central, State, Local Parastatals) have laid down the requirements for several approvals that need to be sought before, for any development work. These requirements are non-negotiable and must be complied. So, it is important for all the stake holders to have an in-depth knowledge on the same.
The aim of this handbook is to present the standard regulatory practices, planning permissions, DTCP & CMDA building plan approval process and procedures involved in developing different real estate projects including residential, commercial, hotel, institution, and warehouse developments in Chennai. To formulate this handbook, we reviewed the applicable regulations, relevant Government Orders (GOs), Tamil Nadu Combined Development Building Rules-2019, Chennai Master Plan 2026, official websites of Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC), Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority (CMDA) & Directorate of Town & County Planning (DTCP), other applicable development regulations, and new planned initiatives. Also, the Information’s were collected through our interactions with various Government officials, liaison professionals, architects, and other technical consultants.
This handbook covers planning permissions, DTCP building plan approvals, CMDA building rules and other applicable regulatory requisites required during the entire lifecycle of a real-estate project (pre-construction, construction & post completion) in and around Chennai. Following aspects are covered in detail:
- Statutory authorities involved in the land development.
- Required approvals/NOCs from competent authorities for residential, commercial, institution, hotel, and warehouse developments.
- Issuing authority, applicability, conditions precedent, validity applicable for different approvals/NOCs.
- Associated cost and timelines to obtain each development approvals/NOCs.
- Approval procedure (pre-construction) & site inspection procedures involved during the construction and post-completion stage.
- A short note on other special conditions including, area of special character, development prohibitions or restricted areas and other special mentions about FSI Calculation, applicability of Premium FSI and FSI benefits for IT developments etc.
This handbook will help different stakeholders of real estate development (Investment Fund, NBFCs, Banks, Developers, Landowners, Property Investors, Corporates, Architects, and other Technical Consultants) to make informed decisions for the design, development, investment, and due diligence purpose.
Please note that, this handbook does not cover specific business/operation licenses & permits (e.g., Trade license, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) license, explosive clearance license, labour laws compliances, company incorporation, GST registration, sales & customs registrations etc.) required post completion of developments.
To read the full report, please download it by clicking ADD TO CART, below.80 Pages; 9th November 2021